How to create One-Time Event?
One-Time Event: Written Instruction
Step 1: Provide Basic Event Information
- List the name of the event, venue, and location.
- Click on the “Event Starts” field to bring up this pop-up calendar.
- Then select the event’s date.
- Once you choose your date, set the time the entire event begins by selecting the clock symbol.
- Be descriptive in explaining the details of the event. List the activities, purpose, and correlation to your organization’s cause.
- Add a volunteer consent agreement if you wish. Examples include age restrictions, orientation requirements, etc.
- Press “Save and Next” to proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Create Volunteer Shifts
- Name a specific volunteer shift and select the number of volunteers needed.
- Describe in a simple manner the responsibilities for that specific shift.
- Designate the start and end times using the clock symbol. Shifts may overlap.
- Press “Save and Next” for the final step.
Step 3: Optional Information
- The categories of ‘Court Mandated,’ ‘High School Students,’ and ‘Virtual/Remote’ are not required, but allow volunteers to further research opportunities on VolunteerMark. By selecting one, you may speed up the volunteer process for those looking for specific-type outings.
- If you choose to make the position private, the opportunity will not be viewable to the public. Only volunteers, you personally send the outing’s URL will be able to access the position.
- To approve volunteer signups and volunteer hours automatically, select them in the settings.
- For reporting reasons, a program or department is required for every volunteer outing.
- To create the event, press “Make Event Live.”