How to communicate with a large group of volunteers at a time?
Communicate with a large group of volunteers: Written Instruction
- To send an email to a single person or a group of volunteers, click on the “Communications” tab and then click on the “Compose” button.
- For a group email, simply enter the event name or a specific tag. By entering the tag it will display all the email ids of those volunteers.
- The email will be sent to everyone associated with that event or tag as you can have placeholders like the first name.
- Send the text messages in a similar way. Click on the Text message, then create SMS.
- Enter the tag or event name and quickly communicate via text with all the volunteers who signed up for a particular event.
Tag volunteers for easy access
- To add a tag to the volunteers, click on the “Volunteers” tab.
- Volunteers are found under “My Organization” tab
- Scroll down and click on the name of the volunteer.
- In the pop-up bar, add the desired tags. A tag can be a specific skill set like cooking or a group name, like Scout Troop. Tags allow you to better organize and communicate with your volunteers.